Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Internet Service

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Internet Service

    I just got my Verizon DSL hooked up. I could not possibly be happier [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. This is SO much faster than Adelphia "high speed". It is also quite a bit cheaper and I hope it will be more dependable.
    Thanks to all of you who offered suggestions when I was having so much trouble with Adelphia. I can't wait until tomorrow morning when I can take their equipment back to them.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Service

    On an aside...a friend of mine told me that if you call Verizon and ask about a speed upgrade that they'll do it for free. They don't advertise it and they test to see if you're qualified...but you have to call and ask about the upgrade.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Service

    I am 100% satisfied with the speed I have now. Adelphia told me this would not be as fast as their "high speed". THEY LIED
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Service

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I am 100% satisfied with the speed I have now

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I am too. In the future if your interested though, there's a little nugget for you.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Internet Service

    Im glad for you bro. I got in the same situation. And when i took the equipment back to the Norton Office.
    The people were very nice at the Norton Office. I told them how i was treated on the 800 number.
    And they ask if i wanted to file a complaint and yes i did. And i also said in the complaint, the local office had much more nicer and experienced people, than those i talked to on their new 1-800- phone set up.
    Glad Verizon is working out for you.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Service

    I called verizon yesterday....with the digital cable I get now, I can switch everything over, cable internet, digital cable and all and save at least 30 dollars a month going to DSL and direct tv
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Service

    Direct TV is well worth it....

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Internet Service

    Good deal. And with Fuel soring we all have to save where we can.
    I don't want to hurt anyone. But reality is reality. And living is living. If one is costing you to much, you have to do what you have to do.
    That is what i told one person whom i talked to about home and vehicle insurance a few months back. I know a little off the topic
    But we all have to live and survive. And we have to do it in a way we can survive and live and possibly have something left over.

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Internet Service

    Now nephew and i love ya like a son. All of us aren't bachelors. Oh yeah ladies a bachelor.... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Service

    I was paying $42.95 for the Adelphia. The DSL is $29.95 if I am not mistaken. Of course I do like to save money, but if I could have used the Adelphia I would not have even checked around. The last 3 months or so we could not get online half the time. And that is not stretching the truth at all.

    I am as happy as a cold hog in warm mud eating 2 buckets of slop. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •